1. Nokia's 41MP camera heading to Lumia
which is being lauded for its clarity and image quality.
The camera technology of 808 PureView is presently limited to Symbian operating system only.
Therefore, it may take the company some time before it can launch the Lumia smartphone
with 41MP camera.
2. Samsung's new 75-inch TV has a big price tag to match
Samsung has taken the wraps off its new 75-inch 75ES9000.
The set, now on sale in South Korea, packs more than just a
massive LED-backlit display in its incredibly thin 7.9mm deep frame.
Television includes built-in wifi and a video camera that can be used for video conferencing.
The camera also lets you interact with the on-screen display using hand gestures, much like Microsoft's Kinect for the Xbox 360.
In fact, you can even control the TV using your voice.
The 75ES9000 is selling for 19.8 million South Korean won, or approximately $17,442.
3. Yahoo sets up Grid Computing Lab at IIT Madras
Yahoo India R&D in partnership with the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT- Madras) has announced the
launch of Yahoo Grid Computing Lab at the IIT- Madras campus.
This cluster of high-end servers at the lab will allow researchers to access web-scale data and
conduct research on big data and cloud computing systems.
4. Windows 8 coming in October, says Microsoft
If you've been waiting to get your hands on Microsoft's new,
tablet-friendly Windows 8 operating system, your wait is nearing its end.
Today at Microsoft's annual Worldwide Partner Conference, it was confirmed that
5. Filing tax returns online? 10 things to know
Most individuals prefer to adopt the conventional method and let their chartered accountant handle the cumbersome procedure.
However, this year, those with a taxable income of over Rs 10 lakh have no choice but to take the e-filing route.
Besides, even others could consider opting for e-filing. It is not as confusing as it is made out to be.
If you neither owe any tax nor have any refund to be claimed, you can follow these simple steps to ensure that your returns are filed with minimal hassles:
1. First of all, you need to start by logging on to the website (www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in) created by the I-T department for the purpose. If you haven't registered already, you can do so with the help of your PAN. It acts as your user ID in this case.
2. Next, you need to download the appropriate ITR form for individuals listed in the site. Go to the 'Downloads' menu and choose ITR-I (Sahaj), if your only source of income is salary or pension. Remember, the current assessment year is 2012-13.
3. Now, open the downloaded excel utility. If you are using Office 2003, then go to Tools Macro Security, set the security level at 'medium' and enable macros while opening the excel utility.
4. Now, enter all the details asked for. The required information will be available in your Form 16.
5. Next step is to validate the same by hitting the 'Validate' key. An XML sheet will be generated and saved on your computer. The registration process (Step 1) can also be initiated at this stage.
6. You can upload this XML file on to the I-T portal after selecting AY 2012-2013 and the relevant form. You will be asked whether you wish to digitally sign the file. If you have obtained the DS (digital signature), select Yes. Else, choose 'No'.
7. If a message regarding successful e-filing is flashed on your screen, you can consider the process to be complete. Your ITR-Verification form will be mailed to your registered e-mail ID.
8. Now, all you need to do is to get a print-out of the ITR-V (only in black ink), put your signature and send it by ordinary post to the Income Tax Department-CPC, Post Bag No-1, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore - 560100, Karnataka within 120 days of filing your returns on-line.
9. It is important to ensure that your tax return reaches this office within 120 days, failing which, you will have to go through the process all over again.
10. If you do not receive an acknowledgement from the I-T Department in due course, you can send the form again. However, don't opt for courier services under any circumstance as it will not be accepted.